Beginning Microsoft Visual Basic 2008
If you want to learn Visual Basic 2008 so you can create powerful, database-driven applications, then this is the book for you. It walks you through this robust programming language and shows you how to build a variety of different Windows® applications and web services. Along the way you’ll discover how to utilize object-oriented techniques as well as create your own business objects and Windows controls.
After a brief introduction to Visual Studio® 2008 and the .NET 3.5 Framework, you’ll explore the fundamentals of the Visual Basic language. Exercises at the end of each chapter provide you with a deeper understanding of how to use these features to build rich and professional-looking applications for Microsoft Windows, intranet and Internet use, and mobile devices. The concepts covered are invaluable and will take your Visual Basic development skills to the next level.
What you will learn from this book
- All about the features of Visual Studio 2008 and Windows programming
- Techniques for incorporating error handling in your application
- How to create and use Windows Forms controls
- Strategies for accessing databases using Microsoft Access® and Visual Basic 2008
- Tips for incorporating XML in Visual Basic 2008
- How to write applications for mobile devices using Windows Presentation Foundation